Saturday, January 23, 2010

Working on Creative Teams

Over the course of the last year and a half I have been very fortunate to work with some very talented ladies and some amazing designers.

When I first decided I wanted to be a part of a CT, it didn't go as well as I had hoped. In fact I faced several rejection emails and of course several no responses. The first designer I ever worked with was a woman named Laura Lively. 6 months later I went on to CT for Sande Kreiger, Kate Teague, MaryAnn Wise, Jen Alysson, and Carina Gardner. Every team taught me a little bit more and I think I grew much faster because of my time not only with the designers but because of the ladies that I also CT'd with.
As you know I am now part of the CT digital design team for 2peas in a bucket. I am also CTing for MaryAnn Wise and more recently Jen Martakis. I love it. Somehow I have become incredibly busy. I don't mind though, it's a wonderful to feel excited and energized about all the possibilities ahead of you. I love spending my day being creative. Now if I really get it together I may try a few sewing projects.

My own designing is beginning to grow. Before Christmas I faced a similar process as I did for CTing. Lots of no responses, some rejection (all very nicely worded and polite but still rejection is tough to swallow sometimes) I did get some very practical advice and that in fact prompted me to take an illustrator class with Carina Gardner at Jessica Sprague's site as well as purchasing illustrator. (I love illustrator but I will leave that for another post!) Just after Christmas I was invited to design for a site called scrapinsiders.com. So a new journey begins. I will have a more official announcement in the next day or so when my very first kit will be released.

What would a post about CTing be without a few Layouts from said CT position. This first Layout is of my lovely dd pouting and it is a familiar scene around here. I used Chelsea Parsons Milly and Molly kit and it has the cutest little illustrations on it. I have also always loved the way her kraft paper really looks like kraft card stock with all those yummy flecks and bits. The other product I used on this Layout is the 99 cent labels by Shimelle Laine. The cool thing about this kit is that you can use it digitally or she also includes a pdf file so that a paper/hybrid scrapper can easily print it out and use them on a paper project. How cool is that.




On my second Layout I again used a kit by Shimelle Laine. It is called Can't buy me love. It has lovely rich colors and is filled with hearts perfect for any kind of Valentine Layout. As you can see I didn't use it for a Valentine Layout, I used it for this teen kind of Layout. The cool photo mask is from MaryAnn Wise's flakes of snow photo mask kit.



Have a great Weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment